- Wednesday | November 7, 2018 to Sunday | November 11, 2018
- 9:00 am
- Mediterranean Conference Centre, Valletta
The Malta Book Festival is the most prominent and prestigious book celebration of the year, which will take place at MCC, Valletta, starting from Wednesday 7 November 2018 and going on till Sunday 11 November 2018. The poster for the Festival is the work of well-known Maltese visual artist and illustrator Lisa Falzon, who had also produced the artwork for last year’s edition.
See the full programme here. This will be later delivered in printed form to all households in Malta and Gozo.
As is customary, the Festival will open with a conference, which this year will be themed on Literature and Diaspora and will be led by a number of foreign and local authors, among them Lou Drofenik, the Maltese-Australian writer who won the National Book Prize 2017 with her novel The Confectioner’s Daughter. The foreign authors attending the conference are Philip Ò Ceallaigh, Vera Duarte and Nikola Petkovic.
During weekday mornings the Festival will welcome school visits and a special programme of cultural and fun activities has been prepared for these visits, including drama pieces, reading activities and meetings with writers. The Malta School of Visual and Performing Arts will also contribute to the morning events with literary-themed performances.
Among the innovations of this year’s edition, there will also be a performance by the duo Danusan and the tickets for the performance will be redeemable as vouchers for books on sale in the exhibition halls of MCC during the Festival. The tickets will be available for sale online in the first week of September.
Another important innovation for 2018 is an extension of the exhibition space – this year’ edition will include an extra hall for exhibitors and an extension of the activity areas for the many book presentations, discussion, launches and cultural activities that will take place. Renowned international writer and activist Naomi Klein will be this year’s special guest.
- Lillian Sciberras: Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
- The Malta Book Festival opened today: Terramaxka Prize 2018
- The Malta Book Festival opens its doors tomorrow: save the date – 7-11 November 2018
- ‘Literature in the Diaspora’: the opening conference of the 2018 Malta Book Festival
- The main local guests at the Malta Book Festival: Lou Drofenik and Victor Fenech
- Mistiedna lokali ewlenin waqt il-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb: Lou Drofenik u Victor Fenech
- Meet the exhibitors - Malta Book Festival 2018
- The programme of events for the Malta Book Festival 2018 is out
- New trends and surprises in the National Book Prize shortlist 2018
- 'Il-kotba jieħdu l-ħajja' fil-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb 2018
- National Book Prize and Terramaxka Shortlist 2018
- National Book Festival 2018: events and authors
- The Malta Book Festival 2018
- Malta Book Festival 2018 // Application Form is Out
- Experimental folk music by Noah Fabri at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- End of Malta Book Festival 2017
- Mons Amante Buontempo Poetry Contest: Results
- Ros Barber at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Specialised Workshop at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Celebrating Mario Azzopardi at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Shahd Alshammari at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Gilbert Sinoué at Malta Book Festival 2017
- Alex Vella Gera at the National Book Festival 2017
- Conference: Truth in Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Release of Programme of Events: Malta Book Festival 2017
- Workshop with journalists Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman: Malta Book Festival 2017
- Malta Book Festival 2017 - Dates and Events