- Wednesday | March 27, 2019 to Friday | March 29, 2019
- 9:00 am
- University of Malta Quadrangle
The National Book Council and Għaqda tal-Malti – Università are proud to present the sixth edition of the Campus Book Festival (FKK), which will be held on 27, 28 and 29 March, kicking off daily at 9 am with back-to-back activities planned until 4 pm. On Friday the activities will continue until late in the evening.
The purpose of the festival is to promote literature across the board while, at the same time, giving publishers and book distributors a space in which they can sell and promote their publications with a mature audience, such as university students. A vast programme of activities will be put up during the festival, ranging from workshops and films related to literature, to readings and interviews with authors, painters and illustrators – as well as language discussions, guided tours around the University Library, live music and a number of collaborations with student organisations.
The special guest this year is British poet, literary critic and translator Rod Mengham, whose latest book Grimspound and Inhabiting Art is both a poetic meditation on a place (the Bronze Age site of Grimspound on Dartmoor) and a series of short essays on different cultural habitats.. He will be joining us on Campus for special events scheduled on each of the three days, with a seminar on translating poetry on 27 March, a book-club style discussion with students on his latest book on 28 March and an interview with Maltese poet Antoine Cassar on his body of work on 29 March. On Friday afternoon, Inizjamed will be contributing an Open Mic session featuring Mengham.
The festival will close on Friday night with live music by Maltese band The Busker.
The publishers and distributors participating in the festival are BDL, EDE BOOKS, FARAXA BOOKS, HORIZONS, and MIRANDA. These publishers and distributors will be selling their books at their stand and will be organising their own book launch events.
The planned activities are held, among others, by Prof. Bernard Micallef and Dr. Olvin Vella, in collaboration with the University Library; the National Council of the Maltese Language represented by Prof Albert Borg and George Farrugia; Għaqda tal-Malti – Università; the Department of Translation Studies represented by Prof. Clare E. Vassallo; the Notarial Archives represented by Chanelle Briffa; the Department of Sociology and the Faculty of Media and Knowledge Sciences; and Inizjamed. The programme of activities with the full list of activities will be published shortly.
Opening times and dates are: Wednesday 27 March and Thursday 28 from 9am–4pm; Friday 29 March from 9am–late. The Festival is open to all, free of charge.
Like our Facebook page to be up to date with all info and the full programme.
- All about books: literary events at the Campus Book Fest 2019
- Campus Book Festival 2019: programme of events
- Book Festival on Campus opens this Wednesday
- Fuzzhoneys and Crytpic Street at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Celebrating Frankenstein at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Art meets text in Dik il-Qtajra at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Jasmin B. Frelih at the Campus Book Festival
- Inizjamed’s Open Mic at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Experimental folk music by Noah Fabri at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Young adult fiction and taboo at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- The Maltese Cinderella at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- The art of bookbinding at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Talk on William Blake and the art of print-making at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Campus Book Festival 2018: Programme of Events
- Imħejji l-Festival tal-Ktieb Fuq il-Kampus 2018
- Preparations for Book Festival on Campus 2018 are underway
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: The End
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: Day Two
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: Day One
- The Programme of Events for the Campus Festival 2017 is out
- Preparations for Book Festival on Campus 2017 are underway
- Remember these dates! Book Festivals
- Book Festival on Campus 2016 - it's a wrap!
- Book Festival on Campus // 5-6-7 April
- Campus Book Festival - 5th-7th MAY 2015
- Hani Shukrallah at the University Book Festival 2014
- Book Festival on Campus 2014