This is the programme of cultural events for the Campus Book Festival 2018 (mobile version). The Festival will take place at the University quadrangle on 21-22-23 March and will be open on 21 and 22 March from 9am till 4pm and from 9am till late on Friday 23 March. The programme is packed with activities, featuring book launches and book presentations, interviews and talks with authors, artists and academics, all aimed at addressing issues that should be of great interest to university students and members of the public with a passion for literature and books.
The highlights of this year include a workshop and two talks with the special guest, Jasmin B. Frelih, a Slovenian writer and a winner of the European Union Prize for Literature (2016). Local author Immanuel Mifsud will engage Frelih on the topic of Jugoslavian literature, while Noel Tanti will interview the author on more general topics. Frelih will also take part in an open mic session which will take place on the last day of the Festival, Friday 23 March. All visitors to the Festival are invited to participate in this event in which they are free to take the mic and read, sing, play, recite either something they have prepared for the occasion or to improvise freely.
Other highlights include a number of book launches such as Dr. Veronica Veen’s much expected The Maltese Cinderella, a presentation on William Blake and his print-making techniques by renowned local artist Jesmond Vassallo, two lectures by the German scholar Moritz Sommer and a screening of J. Searle Dawson’s 16-minute short film Frankenstein, followed by a discussion about the adaptation of Mary Shelley’s masterpiece into cinema with Prof. Saviour Catania and Prof. Gloria Laura Lucente.
For those with an interest in Maltese language and its history, a number of exciting events have been set up by Għaqda tal-Malti, including a talk by Dr. Bernard Micallef on a 17th century Maltese intellectual, Giovan Francesco Bounamico, a talk by Michael Zammit on philosophy in Maltese, and guided visits to the Melitensia section of the University Library that is not normally open to the public.
The Book Festival on Campus, which is set up by the National Book Council in collaboration with Għaqda tal-Malti – Università, is open to students, academics and members of the public. For more information follow our FB page and our website (www.ktieb.org). You can download the programme in pdf format here and the mobile version here.
- The 2020 Campus Book Festival is postponed
- T.S. Eliot Prize winner Mark Doty among the international guests at the 2020 Campus Book Festival
- Campus Book Festival 2020: Programme of events
- The Campus Book Festival 2020 - date announcement and special guests
- All about books: literary events at the Campus Book Fest 2019
- Campus Book Festival 2019: programme of events
- Book Festival on Campus opens this Wednesday
- Fuzzhoneys and Crytpic Street at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Celebrating Frankenstein at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Art meets text in Dik il-Qtajra at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Jasmin B. Frelih at the Campus Book Festival
- Inizjamed’s Open Mic at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Experimental folk music by Noah Fabri at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Young adult fiction and taboo at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- The Maltese Cinderella at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- The art of bookbinding at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Talk on William Blake and the art of print-making at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Campus Book Festival 2018: Programme of Events
- Imħejji l-Festival tal-Ktieb Fuq il-Kampus 2018
- Preparations for Book Festival on Campus 2018 are underway
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: The End
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: Day Two
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: Day One
- The Programme of Events for the Campus Festival 2017 is out
- Preparations for Book Festival on Campus 2017 are underway
- Remember these dates! Book Festivals
- Book Festival on Campus 2016 - it's a wrap!
- Book Festival on Campus // 5-6-7 April
- Campus Book Festival - 5th-7th MAY 2015
- Hani Shukrallah at the University Book Festival 2014
- Book Festival on Campus 2014