The International Standard Music Number (ISMN) is a unique number for the identification of all notated music publications from all over the world, whether available for sale, hire or gratis – be it a part, a score, or an element in a multi-media kit.
The ISMN is designed to rationalize the processing and handling of notated music and the respective bibliographical data for publishing houses, the music trade and libraries.
The National Book Council is the official agent for Malta and Gozo for the issuing of ISMN therefore whoever requires this service may download a copy of the application form for ISMNs here.
Applications must be addressed to Michael Mercieca, either electronically through [email protected] or by mail on this address: ISMN – National Book Council, Central Public Library, Prof. J. Mangion Street, Floriana FRN1800.
Kindly note that as of 1 January 2020 all ISBNs and ISMNs are free of charge. Follow the link here for more information.
- ISBNs and ISMNs free of charge as of 1 January 2020
- Open conference Breaking barriers – Contemporary use, models and allocation of ISBN across the world: list of speakers and agenda
- REMINDER: Call for papers for the academic conference on ISBN on 22 September 2018
- Call for papers for the academic conference on ISBN on 22 September 2018
- Annual Report 2015
- Provision and prices for the acquisition of ISMN for notated music