The National Book Council and Għaqda tal-Malti – Università are proud to present the fifth edition of the Campus Book Festival, which will be held on 21, 22 and 23 March, kicking off daily at 9 am with back-to-back activities planned until 4 pm. On Friday the activities will continue until late in the evening.
The purpose of the festival is to promote literature across the board while, at the same time, giving publishers and book distributors a space in which they can sell and promote their publications with a mature audience, such as university students. A vast programme of activities will be put up during the festival, ranging from workshops and films related to literature, to readings and interviews with authors, painters and illustrators – as well as language discussions, guided tours around the University Library, live music and a number of collaborations with other organisations.
The special guest this year is Jasmin B. Frelih, the Slovenian author whose novel Na/Pol (In/Half) earned him the European Prize for Literature in 2016. He will be joining us on Campus for special events scheduled on each of the three days, with a creative writing workshop on 21 March, a discussion with Maltese writer and poet Immanuel Mifsud on Slovenian literature on 22 March, and a interview with Noel Tanti on 23 March. On Friday afternoon, Inizjamed will be contributing an Open Mic session featuring Frelih.
The festival will close on Friday night with live music by Cryptic Street and Fuzzhoneys.
The publishers and distributors participating in the festival are BDL, EDE BOOKS, FARAXA BOOKS, HORIZONS, MIDSEA BOOKS, PJATTAFORMA and SENSIELA KOTBA SOĊJALISTI (SKS). These publishers and distributors will be selling their books at their stand and will be organising their own book launch events.
The planned activities are held by HoASA and Marisa Attard, Dr Bernard Micallef and Dr Olvin Vella, in collaboration with the University Library, Glen Calleja along with the Department of Maltese within G.F. Abela Junior College, DESA, Jesmond Vassallo, Noah Fabri, Tradizzjoni Orali – Dipartiment tal-Malti, l-Università, Colette Sciberras, Fattima Mahdi, Moritz Sommer, BDL, Immanuel Mifsud, Inizjamed, Clare Azzopardi and Leanne Ellul, Salvu Catania and Gloria Lucia Laurente, Noel Tanti, Pjattaforma, Alfred and Gabriel Buttigieg, Michael Zammit and Horizons.
Opening times and dates are: Wednesday 21 March and Thursday 22 9am–4pm; Friday 23 March 9am–late. The Festival is open to all, free of charge.
Visit our Facebook page in the coming few days to have a glance at the full programme.
- The 2020 Campus Book Festival is postponed
- T.S. Eliot Prize winner Mark Doty among the international guests at the 2020 Campus Book Festival
- Campus Book Festival 2020: Programme of events
- The Campus Book Festival 2020 - date announcement and special guests
- All about books: literary events at the Campus Book Fest 2019
- Campus Book Festival 2019: programme of events
- Book Festival on Campus opens this Wednesday
- Fuzzhoneys and Crytpic Street at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Celebrating Frankenstein at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Art meets text in Dik il-Qtajra at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Jasmin B. Frelih at the Campus Book Festival
- Inizjamed’s Open Mic at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Experimental folk music by Noah Fabri at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Young adult fiction and taboo at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- The Maltese Cinderella at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- The art of bookbinding at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Talk on William Blake and the art of print-making at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- Campus Book Festival 2018: Programme of Events
- Imħejji l-Festival tal-Ktieb Fuq il-Kampus 2018
- Preparations for Book Festival on Campus 2018 are underway
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: The End
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: Day Two
- Spotlight on the Campus Book Festival: Day One
- The Programme of Events for the Campus Festival 2017 is out
- Preparations for Book Festival on Campus 2017 are underway
- Remember these dates! Book Festivals
- Book Festival on Campus 2016 - it's a wrap!
- Book Festival on Campus // 5-6-7 April
- Campus Book Festival - 5th-7th MAY 2015
- Hani Shukrallah at the University Book Festival 2014
- Book Festival on Campus 2014