A workshop on literary journalism and book reviews, designed specially for the Malta Book Festival by top UK journalists and media professionals Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman, is a highlight event of this year’s Festival. The two-hour, intensive and specialist session, titled ‘A Riveting Workshop’, will take place at M.A. Grima Hall, MCC, on Thursday 9 November starting 17:30 hours. Attendance is free but places are limited and must be booked beforehand.
The world of book promotion and reviewing is today highly competitive and highly digitised. The aim of the workshop is to enable journalists to hone their critical faculties – to learn how to assess a book’s impact and how to craft a strong personal response to a book.
Participants will also learn about how PR works best in the world of books – how do you break through? How do you best use social media and websites to promote books? How do you write a strong promotional press release and compose a text that will help you sell your book or event or author?
The workshop will address all these questions and will provide top tips, practical examples, short exercises and motivational advice to help professional and aspiring literary journalists, editors, publishers and booksellers write riveting book reviews and riveting PR and promotion for all media outlets.
Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman are established and well-known journalists. They run the UK’s European Literature Network and launched The Riveter literary magazine this year. They broadcast, write, review, translate, host events and conduct courses all over the UK and internationally. Rosie is also Chair of the judges of the EBRD Literature Prize and a well-known public champion of international literature and language-learning in the UK.
The NBC strongly urges all those interested to apply now as there are only a few places left.
- Malta Book Festival 2019 // Application Form is Out
- Ħarġet il-Formola tal-Applikazzjoni tal-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb 2019
- All about books: literary events at the Campus Book Fest 2019
- Lillian Sciberras: Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
- The Malta Book Festival opened today: Terramaxka Prize 2018
- The Malta Book Festival opens its doors tomorrow: save the date – 7-11 November 2018
- ‘Literature in the Diaspora’: the opening conference of the 2018 Malta Book Festival
- The main local guests at the Malta Book Festival: Lou Drofenik and Victor Fenech
- Mistiedna lokali ewlenin waqt il-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb: Lou Drofenik u Victor Fenech
- Meet the exhibitors - Malta Book Festival 2018
- The programme of events for the Malta Book Festival 2018 is out
- New trends and surprises in the National Book Prize shortlist 2018
- 'Il-kotba jieħdu l-ħajja' fil-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb 2018
- National Book Prize and Terramaxka Shortlist 2018
- National Book Festival 2018: events and authors
- The Malta Book Festival 2018
- Malta Book Festival 2018 // Application Form is Out
- Experimental folk music by Noah Fabri at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- End of Malta Book Festival 2017
- Mons Amante Buontempo Poetry Contest: Results
- Ros Barber at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Specialised Workshop at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Celebrating Mario Azzopardi at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Shahd Alshammari at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Gilbert Sinoué at Malta Book Festival 2017
- Alex Vella Gera at the National Book Festival 2017
- Conference: Truth in Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Release of Programme of Events: Malta Book Festival 2017
- Workshop with journalists Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman: Malta Book Festival 2017
- Malta Book Festival 2017 - Dates and Events