A highlight event of the Malta Book Festival 2017, A Riveting Workshop, will offer journalists and all those interested in the art of literary review the opportunity to join top UK journalists Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman for a workshop on book reviewing and promotion. The event will take place on the second day of the Festival, Thursday 9 November, starting 17:30 hours at M.A. Grima Hall (MCC, Valletta).
Goldsmith and Easterman, both senior BBC journalists for several decades, are well-known for their ‘riveting workshops’. These short, intense specialist workshops provide top tips, practical examples, short exercises and motivational talks aimed at helping both upcoming and professional literary journalists, editors and publishers to create riveting book reviews and riveting PR and promotion for all media outlets.
Attendance to the workshop is free but places have to be booked before. Interested members of the public can book a place by visiting our website and sending an email to [email protected] Places are limited and participation in the workshop is on a first come first served basis.
Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman run the UK’s European Literature Network. They broadcast, write, review, translate, host events and conduct training all over the UK and internationally.
Rosie Goldsmith is a multi-media journalist specializing in arts and international affairs. Over 20 years’ working for the BBC she has travelled the world, covering events such as the fall of the Berlin Wall and the revolutions in eastern Europe, and also presenting flagship BBC Radio shows like ‘Front Row’ and ‘Crossing Continents’. Today Rosie combines broadcasting with curating and chairing events on foreign affairs, literature and the arts, in Britain and abroad. She is also a writer, media trainer and PR consultant. She speaks French, German and some Italian.
Max Easterman is a respected and award-winning journalist and teacher, with extensive experience of broadcast, print and media training, in Britain and round the world. He has presented and produced some of the BBC’s flagship programmes (eg. ‘The World Tonight’ and ‘Newshour’) and is a qualified teacher and university lecturer. In schools and colleges he has created ground-breaking radio, multi-media and journalism projects. Easterman has worked alongside some of the top names in broadcasting. He speaks several languages and writes regular jazz reviews.
- Malta Book Festival 2019 // Application Form is Out
- Ħarġet il-Formola tal-Applikazzjoni tal-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb 2019
- All about books: literary events at the Campus Book Fest 2019
- Lillian Sciberras: Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
- The Malta Book Festival opened today: Terramaxka Prize 2018
- The Malta Book Festival opens its doors tomorrow: save the date – 7-11 November 2018
- ‘Literature in the Diaspora’: the opening conference of the 2018 Malta Book Festival
- The main local guests at the Malta Book Festival: Lou Drofenik and Victor Fenech
- Mistiedna lokali ewlenin waqt il-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb: Lou Drofenik u Victor Fenech
- Meet the exhibitors - Malta Book Festival 2018
- The programme of events for the Malta Book Festival 2018 is out
- New trends and surprises in the National Book Prize shortlist 2018
- 'Il-kotba jieħdu l-ħajja' fil-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb 2018
- National Book Prize and Terramaxka Shortlist 2018
- National Book Festival 2018: events and authors
- The Malta Book Festival 2018
- Malta Book Festival 2018 // Application Form is Out
- Experimental folk music by Noah Fabri at the Campus Book Festival 2018
- End of Malta Book Festival 2017
- Mons Amante Buontempo Poetry Contest: Results
- Ros Barber at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Specialised Workshop at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Celebrating Mario Azzopardi at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Shahd Alshammari at the Malta Book Festival 2017
- Gilbert Sinoué at Malta Book Festival 2017
- Alex Vella Gera at the National Book Festival 2017
- Conference: Truth in Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Release of Programme of Events: Malta Book Festival 2017
- Workshop with journalists Rosie Goldsmith and Max Easterman: Malta Book Festival 2017
- Malta Book Festival 2017 - Dates and Events