The National Book Council (NBC) is currently seeking proposals for the rebranding of our main logo, as well as secondary logos for the NBC’s various projects and initiatives. We believe that a fresh brand identity will better reflect our evolving identity and mission, as a starting point towards the revamp of the website ktieb.org.mt and the launch of the 2025-2028 National Book Council Strategy paper in December 2024.
Please find the detailed Request for Proposal (RFP) below:
The National Book Council (NBC) is inviting experienced individuals or agencies to submit proposals for the design and development of a corporate identity/brand. This initiative is part of our efforts to refresh our brand image and create a modern and compelling representation of our identity.
National Book Council of Malta is the key player in promoting literature and reading culture in Malta. It caters for the Maltese book industry, providing various services for authors and publishers: it organises the Malta Book Festival, the Malta Book Fund, and the National Book Prize, administers Public Lending Rights, organises several literary contests and is also the local agent for ISBN and ISMN.
As an entity, the NBC falls under the remit of the Ministry for Education, Sport, Youth, Research and Innovation and has always been considered as part and parcel of the public educational infrastructure. Our mission is to foster a love for books and reading, ensuring that literature plays a vital role in the cultural life of the nation.
What We Are Looking For
As the NBC has evolved over the years, we require a new brand and story that reflects our current identity and advances our mission. We are looking for a fresh and modern look that stays true to our role as a community-driven organization. The updated brand must demonstrate our commitment to supporting our stakeholders and the Maltese publishing industry at large, as well as the general public.
We are seeking a firm or individual with significant knowledge and experience in developing and rolling out brands, particularly in the cultural sector. Experience with accessibility and working with organizations related to literature will be advantageous.
SCOPE OF WORK
The selected firm/individual will be expected to deliver the following:
- Brand Development: including brand positioning, narrative, key messages, slogan/tagline, logo, typeface, voice/tone, market positioning, personality and other creative elements.
- Brand Identity: defining the colour palette and providing guidelines on look and feel, as well as imagery selection/suggestions.
- Brand Relationships: recommending strategies for overarching brand and sub-brands.
- Asset Development: creating brand guidelines, presentations, e-signatures and other assets as needed.
- Website: providing recommendations on website strategy in alignment with the new brand.
- Social Media: offering insights on how best to apply the new brand guidelines to the NBC’s social media presence.
TIMELINES AND KEY MILESTONES
- Submission of proposals by 22 January 2024
- Interviews and selection of agency/individual by late January 2024
- Brand development phases to be completed by March 2024 (main logo) and May 2024 (secondary logos)
- Brand rollout and launch in December 2024
Interested parties should submit:
- Company overview
- CVs of key personnel
- Examples of past work (portfolio) and client references
- Your proposal: a description of your approach to this project and how you plan to bring the concept to life.
- A proposed detailed timeline for the completion of the work within the timeframe allocated
- Any additional information showcasing suitability for this project
- The all-inclusive fee for this project will be €4,500 excl. VAT. This includes the Brand Development, Brand Identity, Brand Relationships, Asset Development, application of Brand to Website and Social Media, to include templates.
- Payment terms are negotiable.
Please submit your proposal to email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 January 2024.
We look forward to receiving your creative proposals and working collaboratively to enhance the NBC’s brand identity.