Malta Literary Short-Film Contest
For a downloadable copy of Application Form 2019 click here: Application 2019
For a downloadable copy of the Criteria 2019 click here: Criteria 2019
This is a contest open to film-making teams making short films in Maltese of a duration between 15 and 20 minutes based on a published Maltese short story. To apply, the team must submit a script along with a Project Plan which includes a breakdown of the budget.
The chosen proposal will receive €20,000 in funding from the National Book Council (NBC), which include expenses of logistics, lighting and electricity. NBC will also allocate a €1,000 grant to the author of the original short story as compensation for the use of his story.
The winner of the contest is decided by an adjudication board composed of judges appointed by the NBC. Throughout the production period, the team must be in contact with NBC to ensure that the project is developing according to the proposal and in line with the application criteria and rules.
- Screenplay must be for a short film between 15 and 20 minutes long.
- Applicant must represent a team with previous experience in film making.
- Screenplay must be an adaptation of a Maltese Short Story published in book form.
- Screenplay must be in Maltese.
Apply by sending in the screenplay and project plan to Michael Mercieca by 30 March 2019 at National Book Council, Central Public Library, Prof. J. Mangion Street, Floriana, FRN 1800.
- The NBC Film Adaptation Fund 2019 - Call for Applications
- NBC Audio-visual contests 2019 - Results are out
- National Book Council Audiovisual work 2019: the Malta Literary Short-Film Contest and the Call for Applications for the NBC Docudrama Series 2019
- The main local guests at the Malta Book Festival: Lou Drofenik and Victor Fenech
- Mistiedna lokali ewlenin waqt il-Festival Nazzjonali tal-Ktieb: Lou Drofenik u Victor Fenech
- NBC Literary Short Film Contest 2018
- Applications for the Malta Literary Short Film Contest 2018 are open
- Results of the Malta Literary Short Film Contest are Out
- Film Adaptation at the Malta Book Festival 2016
- Winner of the NBC PBS Short Film Contest 2016
- Applications are out for the NBC PBS Short Film Contest 2016
- Annual Report 2015
- Trailer of 'Dar ir-Rummien' is out
- Malta Book Festival 2015 - Programme of Events
- Winners of the NBC PBS Short-Film Contest 2015
- NBC and PBS: Call for Interns to work on set of short-film
- Annual Report 2014
- PBS and NBC launch the Short Film Contest - 02/02/2015
- NBC film: Laqgħa ma' Mara Morbi